StoneRidge Advisors provides Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Advisory, Capital Raising and related investment banking services.
We apply transaction discipline guided by extensive transaction experience and knowledge. Our clients range from start-up insurance technology companies to the largest multinational insurance organizations in North America and Europe.
Mergers & Acquisitions
StoneRidge Advisors provides the highest quality M&A advisory services to buyers and sellers by combining the best practices of the largest Wall Street firms with the focus and senior-level attention typically delivered by boutique firms. We offer leadership and in-depth knowledge of the M&A process gained from decades of investment banking experience. We have extensive experience in public and private company transactions, corporate divestitures, friendly and hostile/defensive situations, financial distress situations, demutualization, and domestic and cross-border transactions.
Sell-Side M&A Advisory
We represent owners seeking to sell a business, an investment in a business or a subsidiary. We customize every process in order to best accomplish our client’s objectives. While valuation is often the most important objective, transaction structure, cultural fit and employee and customer impacts may also be important considerations.
We design and manage a disciplined, staged process which assures that the client maintains control at every stage in what are often dynamic processes.
We handle all facets of a sell-side transaction which may include:
- Preliminary valuation of the business
- Pre-execution planning including execution strategy, buyer universe assessment, identification of due diligence and potential structuring issues.
- Creation of thoughtful marketing materials which best position the business
- Contacting potential buyers
- Solicitation of offers from potential buyers/partners
- Evaluation of offers and negotiation strategy and leadership
- Provision of Fairness Opinions
- Structuring and negotiation of final offers
Buy-side M&A Advisory
StoneRidge represents buyers and investors in two ways:
We will represent a company in reviewing a specific, identified transaction opportunity. Our services include:
- Transaction modeling and valuation analysis
- Market intelligence and insight
- Due diligence assistance
- Offer and transaction structuring
- Fairness opinions
- Negotiation assistance
We will represent a buyer to approach a broader universe of targets on an unsolicited basis. Our services may include:
- Research on a particular sector to determine acquisition candidates
- Solicit interest from potential targets
- Provide assistance with the buy-side advisory services listed above for a specific target
The professionals at StoneRidge Advisors have extensive experience in assisting companies raising capital in both the public and private markets. Through our affiliate broker/dealer, SRA Securities, we can assist companies in raising institutional equity capital from private equity, venture capital and family offices as well as debt capital from banks and other institutional sources. We also provide capital raising advisory consulting assistance for companies seeking independent capital advisory services.
We provide Fairness Opinions in connection with a variety of situations including:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Leveraged buyouts
- Going-private transactions
- Adoption of “poison pill” defenses
- Strategic restructuring
- Related party transactions
- Asset sale/run-off scenarios
- Regulatory approval process
We provide Solvency Opinions in a variety of situations including:
- Dividend recapitalizations
- Leveraged buyouts
- Capital restructuring
StoneRidge Advisors provides senior leadership and proven problem-solving expertise to assist in strategic direction in situations without a specific transaction. Our services may include:
- Strategic positioning advisory
- Board of Directors advisory
- Due diligence support
- Turnaround/restructuring advisory
- Regulatory advisory
- Revenue enhancement opportunities
- Performance/benchmark studies
- Capital structure assessment, design and implementation
- Outsourced CFO or Corporate Development